Friday 31 December 2010

Interpol - Interpol / Imelda May - Mayhem

Interpol’s 2007 album Our Love To Admire is one of my all time favourites. I’ve only just got their 2010 self-titled album, which was not especially well critically received. I’m hoping it’s a grower, as I’ve not really been able to “get” it yet.

Imelda May is a Dublin rockabilly style artist. I really enjoy the energy and simplicity of the tunes and musicians. I saw her play in York over a year ago and although this new album doesn’t quite capture the sweaty vibe of her live performance, it does have a great cover of Tainted Love on – and that is never a bad thing.

1 comment:

  1. I fear the 4th Interpol album might be crap. I heard the lead single and one other track and thought there were awful. At least we have the first three. :-)

    ReplyDelete