Thursday 30 December 2010

Shuffling out of 2010

Andrew put forward a plan for the pair of us to spend the last day of 2010 playing music and blogging on what we play and our thoughts as the day progresses.
In his case that will no doubt revolve (pun intended) around lovingly inspecting his collection of vinyl LP’s while deciding which are worthy of turntable time, then fiddling with his EQ settings trying to perfect the pitch and tone of the recordings on his expensive speakers!
I have long since embraced the digital age – my vinyl went to Riverside Records in York back in the 80’s when I needed cash to get a car fixed. I do have shelves full of CD’s, but they are hidden away in cupboards and cases. Therefore all my music, 15000 songs worth, is stored in the palm of my hand on assorted iPods.
My contribution to the New Years Eve music marathon will therefore be a few hours of iPod shuffle – my only decision is do I use my own 1500 song iPod nano, containing just my favourites, or the household 80GB iPod, which although it contains my entire collection also houses my other half’s collection of oddities? This includes a substantial selection of 90’s dance, trance and chillout tunes, not especially to my taste!
Tune in later to see what the iPod gods deign appropriate for my NY Eve ears.

1 comment: